My CONTACT :

Damian S. L. Yeo & L. C. Goh (DSLY)
No. 2007, Lorong Sidang Omar, off Jalan Penghulu Abbas, Bukit Baru, Hang Tuah Jaya, 75100 Melaka

Tel : 06-2347011
& 06-2347012
Fax: 06-2347022

------------------------------------

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Should Christian Prays to Allah?

The recent announcement by the Cabinet is a little confusing. I am confused because of the sudden change of heart. First they allowed the word Allah to be used and subsequently they say NO. However I have a different opinion for the use of Allah in the Christian world. I must say I am not a theologian and I hope to be corrected. Let the Muslim use that name to worship their God and I don't think Christians should use Allah in referring to our great God whose name is "I AM".

There are many names of God that we can use in worshipping our God and I bet you the name Allah is not listed in the Hebrew Bible (I hope somebody can correct me on this as I am not theologian). The name of God in His supremacy is YHWH (YAHWEH). The Jews would not even call out this revered name for fear that they will be strike dead. It is just calling our Agong his first name instead of his full title DYMM Seri Paduka Baginda Yang DiPertuan Agong Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin Ibni Al-Marhum Sultan Mahmud Al-Muktafi Billah Shah.

So, since using the name YHWH is prohibited, there are many names in the Bible that allows the use of it. Eg Adonai or Elohoim or Elshaddai or Elyon or what about Elohei Avraham (meaning the God of Abraham), or Boreh (Creator).

I must say nothing stated in our word of God the name Allah.

As such I don't think Christians should pray to Allah.

No comments: