My CONTACT :

Damian S. L. Yeo & L. C. Goh (DSLY)
No. 2007, Lorong Sidang Omar, off Jalan Penghulu Abbas, Bukit Baru, Hang Tuah Jaya, 75100 Melaka

Tel : 06-2347011
& 06-2347012
Fax: 06-2347022

------------------------------------

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lingamgate No. 2

After the VK Lingam's videotape episode, there came another shocking revelation (I am not shocked though, as I have expected) : A confession (disclosure) of a Judge on the interference of the Executive in the Judiciary.

YA Ian Chin disclosure put shock waves across the east and west of Malaysia and I believed also beyond the shores of Malaysia. Boot camp for selected judges for brainwashing session? I think this is an act of betrayal of trust by the former Prime Minister. This is an acceptable.

I echoed the opinion by my President, Miss Ambiga Sreenevasan, that this event must be investigated. She also noted the case of Harris Mohd Salleh -v- The Returning Officer, Ismail Majin & Ors (2001) 3 CLJ 161, the dicta by YA Mohammad Kamil (former High Court judge) which corroborates YA Ian Chin's disclosure where his Lordship stated, “The only guide to a man is his conscience, the only shield to his memory is the rectitude and the sincerity of his action... In my view, it is an insult to one’s intelligence to be given a directive over the phone that these petitions should be struck off without a hearing, and above all, it is with prescience conscience that I heard these petitions.’’

This is definitely a brave act of a judge and with judges like that, Malaysians applaud and respect as the dignity of the judiciary is restored and corrected. Syabas to YA Mohammad Kamil and YA Ian Chin.

No comments: