My CONTACT :

Damian S. L. Yeo & L. C. Goh (DSLY)
No. 2007, Lorong Sidang Omar, off Jalan Penghulu Abbas, Bukit Baru, Hang Tuah Jaya, 75100 Melaka

Tel : 06-2347011
& 06-2347012
Fax: 06-2347022

------------------------------------

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Kerismuddin's Apology...is it?

"IF IT AFFECTED ANYONE..." OR "I APOLOGISE IF THIS HAS AFFECTED ANYBODY"... how you put it whether the 'IF' is in the beginning or the 'IF' word in the middle, that apology has a qualification and that qualification is 'ANYBODY AFFECTED'. I am now wondering, is Kerismuddin sincere. As a Minister that is in charge with Education, he must make an unqualified and unequivocal apology to all MALAYSIANS and resign as a minister.

Allow me to quote from the newspapers. One from the Star and the other is from NST. I put it in so that everyone of us can read it and understand better what was said by Kerismuddin. I quote...

"Today, we saw many things being talked about in earnest among the delegates," he said after chairing the first Barisan Nasional youth meeting since the general election last month.
"This included the issue of the Panca Warisan kris. I told them, I am responsible for what happened if it had in any way affected our performance.

"I apologise if this has affected anybody. I apologise to the non-Malays if they felt afraid of the symbol.

"To the Malays, I also apologise because I cannot defend the symbol of our heritage." (NST)

AND....

Apologising to all Malaysians for his action, he said: “If it affected anyone, I cannot run away from the reality of it. I apologise to the non-Malays and the Malays.
“To the non-Malays because of the fear to a symbol which was not my intention. And to the Malays for not being able to uphold their symbol of heritage.”

Describing it as a “sad lesson”, he said as a leader, he must be gracious and accept the consequences because the party came first. (the Star)

As a Minister he probably has forgotten that he MUST defend the Constitution and the Constitution through Article 153 read together with Article 8 states that all are equal before the law. Race based politics in this country is out dated.

In defending the Constitution, playing the racial cards must be stopped and be prohibited. What the Minister and his gang uttered during the UMNO general assembly is nothing more but seditious and warrant an investigation under the Sedition Act. What he has uttered or done whether intentionally or not is unMalaysian, unParliamentarian and unMinisterial for somebody who is tipped to be the future Prime Minister of a multiracial, multi-religious and multicultural.

So my advise to the Minister is SINCERELY apologise to all Malaysians and be more gentleman in admitting one's mistake without QUALIFICATION.

No comments: