My CONTACT :

Damian S. L. Yeo & L. C. Goh (DSLY)
No. 2007, Lorong Sidang Omar, off Jalan Penghulu Abbas, Bukit Baru, Hang Tuah Jaya, 75100 Melaka

Tel : 06-2347011
& 06-2347012
Fax: 06-2347022

------------------------------------

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

950 cases of racial cases.... I'm so sad

Come August 31, 2007, Malaysia will reach 50 years old. From the days of agriculture and horticulture industry into an almost a modern nation where we are able to compete with our neighbouring countries as well as the countries in the west. We are seen to be competitive and able to produce excellence within our commercial and corporate spheres. And I believe as at to date our founding fathers like Tunku and the early alliance are proud of.

However after all the praises above, our country after 50 years seems to fail miserably in terms of understanding one another of different race and religion. I read in the Star recently of the 950 racial clashes this year and my heart cries for Malaysia that we have a 15% increase of cases reported. This is not progressive. So the issue is are we living in harmony or are we living tolerating one another. It is so unfortunate that in reaching 50 years we are still called our race first, what about being Malaysian first.

I remember when I was very young, my best friend is Azrul. We are the 'bestest' of friend. Literally we love and care for each other. Well, sad to say we have lost contact (and I'm hoping he reads this). BUT we knew even we of different race, culture and religion but we know how to live together in harmony. However all these change when one goes to the university. I remember in UM, whilst doing my CLP, I met an Indian friend of mine and had lunch together almost everyday. He was from another faculty. AND was shocked to find that the his Indian friends were not talking to him because he was close to me. I find this so difficult to believe. What is this nonsense?

When we were younger we are colour blind, but as we grow older we became to take sides. How sad we are? Instead of growing older and more mature, we become childish.

make us instead of being progressed, this into We grew stronger I find it hard to believe that reaching 50 this issue of Islamic state

No comments: