My CONTACT :

Damian S. L. Yeo & L. C. Goh (DSLY)
No. 2007, Lorong Sidang Omar, off Jalan Penghulu Abbas, Bukit Baru, Hang Tuah Jaya, 75100 Melaka

Tel : 06-2347011
& 06-2347012
Fax: 06-2347022

------------------------------------

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Going Red Anyone?


I can't help but to post this - RED. Yes, it came from the recent PM Department weekly gathering. There seems to be a directive that everyone would have to wear a red tie or a red scarf and so on, probably like Maverick says in Cakap Tak Serupa Bikin... includes panties, and I add 'suspender'. The Star reported it as a new Corporate Image of the Prime Minister Department. Why Red? I simply don't know... probably it gives a more 'garang' image rather than the 'Sentiasa Berkhidmat' or the other public service slogans which Malaysia Public Services just so 'loving it'. Simply said this is what we call Budaya Malaysia or the Culture of Malaysia. Can anybody tell me what is the colour RED got to do with administrating and managing the country other than RED TAPE?

There are many things Malaysia love doing. As my late father once said ... the Malaysian Administration loves singing, and yes, we sing for nearly everything and anything from the 'Aku Anak Malaysia' right to the 'Oh Tandas' song. I remember during the general assembly in my school days, we students of a prestigious school in Malacca, literally sang almost 5 songs. I have no qualms singing the NEGARAKU, and the MELAKA state anthem song and "Am Proud Of It" (I hope I've not infringe this slogan) but then again to sing "Aku Anak Malaysia" and the others making me feel a little stupid....probably that is why we now have Akademi Fantasia and Malaysian Idol.

We even have mottoes and slogan, lots of it in everywhere and anywhere, from signboards to stationeries and that includes just below the ending of a letter, above the signature. Not that these slogans are winning slogans for competition. Sometimes I wonder, do we really need those in our letters etc?

So coming back to the RED Tie, I just hope that the civil service will improve tremendously due to a change in its corporate image and after tying themselves with RED TIE, I just hope that there is no more unnecessary RED TAPE, that will make all Malaysians go RED.

3 comments:

Dr Chris Hill said...

I personally am against this, and I do not think it should be allowed without the consent of the authorities.

Desmond Ho said...

well when they wear red and they shift uneasily in their seats when queried about corruption, then the bull will run mah that direction ma. Perhaps they think economy will improve that way so that we have a "bullish" economy.

Not surprising, since Parliamentary debate has been reduced to Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

Anonymous said...

I think red might be Najib's favourite colour. I have seen him in that red tie and red hanky poping out from his branded suit.